help!!

Fox2k

Gawd
hey guys

I have a partition on my system that's listed as "unknown healthy partition", and i'm unable to assign a drive letter to it in order to access my data. Anyone know what I can do to resolve this?

Any help would be appreciated.

User Friendly
Disk Patch $40

Advanced
Partition Recovery Concepts

Excerpt
"Physical partition recovery". The goal is to find out the problem and write some information to the proper place on HDD and after that partition becomes visible to OS again. You can do it manually using Disk Editors and some guidelines or use recovery software, designed for this purpose.
"Virtual partition recovery". The goal is to determine the critical parameters of the deleted/damaged/overwritten partition and after that enable to scan it and display its content. This approach can be applied in some cases when physical partition recovery is not possible (for example, partition boot sector is dead) and is commonly used by recovery software. It's very hard (almost impossible) to implement it manually. "

it could be a simple as just the Partition ID being corrupted it could be more serious

and after your done, you need to sort out what caused the corruption so it doesnt happen again ;)

I always advise people toi RECOVER the data before trying to repair, for that I recommend File Scavenger

a freware utility
TestDisk

Back