• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help!

Jeffman

Gawd
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
917
Looking for a triple monitor display setup.

Wants:
23" or larger
1920x1200 resolution
IPS panel, if possible
Triple monitor mount that isn't too expensive

Not sure:
I don't know if I want matching monitors or not. I'd like to turn at least one display into portrait. This means that I might be okay with a 24" in the middle turned portrait, and then the other 2 monitors on either side as landscape. I could also do 2 23" or 24" landscape and one 20" or 22" turned portrait on the end.

I'm not picky, so I'm open to suggestions.

Budget: I'd like to stick to under $800 for the entire thing. It might be tight, I understand. If it goes a little over that's okay.

I'm not going to be reusing any of my current displays for this. I have a 22" Samsung that will probably go to the wife's computer, and a 19" that will go to my work laptop docking station.

Let's hear what you got!
 
Last edited:
At 1920x1200 IPS, I'm not so sure there are a ton of options, unless you are okay with a heavy antiglare coating.

There are no 23" 16:10 panels being made anymore. So it's 24" only. And in the light coating department, it'd be something like the NEC EA244WMI (difficult to find in stock, or lower than list price), Samsung 24" PLS (most have backlight bleed), and maybe that HP 24"er (sorry, forget the model number), as one person here said the newest revisions had a light coating.

The BenQ BL2411PT could be an option, but BenQ doesn't have the best customer service (in the US) and I'm not sure as to the coating nor if it's even available for sale yet.

In the heavy-coated department, you could consider something like the Eizo 2436, but I'd suggest that only if you can't control lighting conditions. There are cheaper options from HP, Dell and Asus ... so you could do three of those for $800-$900ish, but the heavy coating bothers a lot of people.

The light coating ones range from $370-$500ish ... no way you can get three of them for < $800... unless that HP truly does have a light coating and you manage to find three new revisions. You could go cheaper with smaller monitors on the end, but they'd be 16:9. Or you could do three 23"ers that are 16:9 (1080p) for < $800. Or... just get one 27" 1440p display and forget about the three monitor thing.
 
Last edited:
Well...not that I got a lot of replies, or that anyone really cares...

But I got 3 Dell U2312HM's from MicroCenter for $179.99 each, and no stand. Since these monitors have pretty awesome adjustments on their own, it'll work. Got out of there with all 3 for under $600.

Gotta say, I really like them so far.
 
Back
Top