HELP!

xeddex

Limp Gawd
Brand new Asus Rampage II gene, i7-920, 3 sticks of ram, ATI 5850. I hook everything up and turn it on and I get no video, no POST beeps or anything. Just the fans running and lights on the mobo are on.

Any ideas? I would have expected some POST beeps and trouble codes but I get nothing

:eek:

Well I figured out why I don't hear trouble codes... the mini p180 case doesn't come with a speaker. Damn, well now I'm off to steal a speaker from one of my old computers so that I can hear the trouble code beep it's probably trying to play.

Well I figured out why I don't hear trouble codes... the mini p180 case doesn't come with a speaker. Damn, well now I'm off to steal a speaker from one of my old computers so that I can hear the trouble code beep it's probably trying to play.

Does the motherboard light up any error codes?

Well I got it all sorted out. I stole an old pc speaker and hooked it up and then started checking error codes. It turns out that I must have not had one of the ram sticks seated properly. After a bit of swapping ram around and to make sure it wasn't a bad stick everything came up fine.

I've got it oc'ed to 4Ghz on air at 1.25 vcore with 2 hrs stable of prime95 and temps tended to stay around 75 with an occasional peak of 78. I'm going to run memtest all night tonight to make sure the ram and timings are ok.

Well I got it all sorted out. I stole an old pc speaker and hooked it up and then started checking error codes. It turns out that I must have not had one of the ram sticks seated properly. After a bit of swapping ram around and to make sure it wasn't a bad stick everything came up fine.

I've got it oc'ed to 4Ghz on air at 1.25 vcore with 2 hrs stable of prime95 and temps tended to stay around 75 with an occasional peak of 78. I'm going to run memtest all night tonight to make sure the ram and timings are ok.

Nice OC

Hopefully it'll be longterm prime stable

You can save some time by testing with Intel Burn Test. That allows you to quickly test a number of different settings combinations in much less time.

You can save some time by testing with Intel Burn Test. That allows you to quickly test a number of different settings combinations in much less time.

Thanks for the tip. I ran memtest all that night and it was fine. I just tried IBT on Maximum for 10 runs and it worked fine so I'm guessing I'm all good.

Back