HELP

jws2346

[H]ard|Gawd
Man, this using the WinSMP client just gets better and better. I was kinda' jerkin' around today (really not doin' nothin', Sunday and all) and decided to leave the WCG program on one of my quads and download a WinSMP client and "crunch" F@H on my other quad (I'm watchin' closely for the crapo 2665 WU). After about 4x tries when I try to download the MPCIH (or what the f*ck it is) I get a virus warning from my Avast virus program and it stops the download. I even downloaded and tried to install the Deno jazz (for OS 32 bit WinXP), but didn't get anywhere with it. :mad:

So could someone please explain to me what I'm doing wrong and how come the F@H project is getting so damn complicated? :confused: (I really don't want to hear anymore of the IMO tired excuses about WinSMP and LinSMP bein' beta :rolleyes:)

DC ONWARD at least with WCG

Ignore Avast - its false alarm (I saw it yesterday on my borg).

1. download MPCIH version

2. Install F@H (outside Program Files)

3. If you have XP 32bit run Install.bat (if you have Vista you should turn off UAC before you install F@H - you can reenable it later)

4. start FAH

Ignore Avast - its false alarm (I saw it yesterday on my borg).

1. download MPCIH version

2. Install F@H (outside Program Files)

3. If you have XP 32bit run Install.bat (if you have Vista you should turn off UAC before you install F@H - you can reenable it later)

4. start FAH

Yeah, I got the ignore thing figured out,Stanford servers are very secure. (ignoring your anti virus program kinda makes you want to do away with the overhead, just like you can do most of the time in Linux, only kiddin' about not runnun' an Anti Virus in Windose :p) I can't get it to complete the download :mad:. That's what I really wanted to know "how to get Avast just to ignore the file and let it download" :rolleyes:. Like I said above the Stanford servers are very secure so I really can't see anyone "hacking" into one and injecting a virus code.. :confused:

Believe me, I've installed both WinSMP and LinSMP many, many times under WinXP w/SP3, w/SP2 and with no SP's at all and various flavors of Linux, so I'm very familiar with the install.bat file and other necessary dependencies (the net frame work file, the having to have a Windose password, the need for the ia32bit-libs in some flavors of Linux, etc) :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help :D

GPUin' in Windose and CPUin' in WCG

Yeah the older clients are the way to go. They worked better for me at least.

If I were you I would uninstall Avast abd replace it vith Avira.

What's Avira ? :confused: If it's a virus type program I am very, very satisfied with Avast Home Edition. I've used it pretty much since I got "wired" (hooked to the Internet)

I got the installation problem figured out. I downloaded the WinSMP client install file to my Linux E6600, used one of the many flash drives I have laying around, transfered the WinSMP install file to my Windose Q6600 boxen, stopped online virus monitoring while installing (I coulda' done that to begin with on the quad, but I'm "anal" about downloading anything in Windose without virus detection) and started running the WinSMP program (for only a couple of frames, it still EUE'ed, I hate the 2665 WU :mad:). Just so there's no confusion I used the password and install.bat file. :D

I appreciate the links to previous WinSMP clients, I think I had a post saying I had already tried that solution, but I think it's just the "crapo" code. (of the 2665 WU or the WinSMP client or both)

I'm just gonna' stay with the WCG CPU program, I have the bad feeling that Vjay and crowd could give a shite less about it's CPU only folders. Hey has anyone used the Linux and GPU deal ? :confused: I've got a little 40 gig HD comin' in the mail and I'm gonna' give it a try, if it works, no more Windose folding for me :p

Keep on DCin'

Back