Help!

Avalanche

Pendleton - Learn It, Live It, Know It
I just installed my new BFGTech 800W PSU and booted up my computer. I had to take the video card out to put a new one in, now the system won`t boot. The lights on the board are on, indicating it is plugged in, but when I hit the button, the fans spin around once and then everything just stops. I have made sure all cables are seated correctly as well as the RAM, but it still won`t even go into BIOS. Please help.

Do you get any beeps when it comes on? Some more information would probably be helpful. Why did you have to replace the video card? System specs? Do you have another power supply you could try?

Not to sound rude, but you really do need to give us more info... Is your old PSU dead? Video card? If not, swap them back in and see if all is well, and then try the new parts one at a time and see which is causing the problem.... Assuming you didn't damage anything while installing your new parts, odds are really good one of the two are bad...

It sounds like something may be grounding out the system. You may have also forgotten to plug the CPU power into the motherboard.

Sorry for being too vague. After putting in the new 800W supply in I put in my new 8800GT video card because I was upgrading from an old, old Radeon X700. When I went to start up the computer, it would not boot. No noises or anything, just the fans would spin up for half a second. I made sure that all cables were seated correctly and that the RAM was also seated correctly. Tried again and no dice. So I tried taking all the RAM sticks out one by one to rule out that possibility of faulty sticks. No dice. So I then unplugged the 24 pin connector and used a paper clip to connect the black and green wires to see if the fans would run. They spun for a half second like before. So at this point I pulled out my old PSU and hooked it up and it ran fine.

I am now in the process of RMAing the 800w supply. Kind of a bummer when those things only work three times.

Specs for giggles:

Q6600 @ 3.2GHz
XFX 680i LT SLI
SLIed EVGA 8800GT (only one in for now)
WD Caviar 500GB

BFG Tech... lol. bleh, JG works there now, maybe they've improved? :p

Back