• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help

rnels77

n00b
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
20
My computer is have problems, the mouse, keyboard and basically any else i connected to my computer is not recieving power. I have just add a zalman CPU fan but that should be it, the PSU is working.
The specs for my cmputer are:
AMD X2 3800
ASUS A8n5x
MAxtor 200gb, Samsung 160gb (SATA)
eVGA 7600gt ko
two Benq optical drives
4 case fans
Razer Copperhead
basic keyboard
 
My monitor is not getting any signal so I can't tell, also it is not giving me any warning beeps.
 
What psu do you have?

Sometimes a motherboard won't boot if a cpu fan isn't plugged in. Did you plug it in?
Do you have another psu to test with?
 
I have a OCZ modstream 450watt, I will try my other PSU though.


Ok, I just used my other PSU(Ultra X-Connect 500 watt) and my mouse got power.
 
what about the rest of the system? still no POST?
Ultra X-connect isn't a very good psu, either though.
 
Ok, yesterday I brought is over to my friends. And we where putting back on the stock fan, when I noticed that one of the pins on my processor was bent. We fixed that and now the it works.
 
Back
Top