Here is my current rig:
Asus P4C800 Deluxe
Pentium4 3.0ghz Prescott (socket 478)
Radeon 9800XT
2gig pc3200 Corsair XMS (4x512)
450W Psupply that I had to swap out with a 350W
6.1 Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Ok heres the story:
I was playing World of Warcraft with Vent and winamp running in the backround. All of a sudden my comp frozen and it looked kind of messed up on the screen. So I do what anybody would do, restart it right? Ok, I did that and BAM I get 2 Long Beeps and 4 or 5 short beeps and cant even post. No video or anything. So thinking it was the RAM I took a couple sticks out... didnt help, when I put the sticks back in my power supply went bad......
Okay so I just happen to have an old case+psupply lying around. So I tried it and yep it still does the same thing it did before the power supply went out.

I pulled the CMOS out remembering that I had the voice setting thing in my mobo, when I put it back in, it told me that "System Failed CPU test." I thought well okay I just happen to have a 2.0Ghz CPU lying around so I tried it and I got the same error message. I also tried swapping out the video card from Radeon 9800XT to a Radeon 9800pro (happen to have one of those lying around too) and that didnt work either. SO I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO... Im thinking its my motherboard but who knows. Please let me know what I should try next, OR if I actually need to buy a certain part.

I understand that my MOBO is not being sold anymore so I wouldnt know what to get if I had to replace that. MY FATE IS IN YOUR HANDS :confused:

1GB Patriot Ram on Order should be here tomorrow, hope this does the trick, are there any other suggestions? Is it for sure the RAM?

Have you tried plugging it in a different power outlet? There could be a power fault in the wall outlet itself (or your surge protector - hopefully you're using one). Also,
I pulled the CMOS out remembering that I had the voice setting thing in my mobo
Could you clarify this? What is a "voice setting thing", and what did you pull out? Do you mean you put the CMOS reset jumper on the correct jumper pins to reset the CMOS, or did you physically pull out the chip itself :confused: ?
Check your manual to make sure you are clearing the CMOS the correct way.

I think what he meant was that he pulled the CMOS battery out to reset it. Also some motherboards have a feature that uses prerecorded messages to help troubleshoot boot problems in case there's no video available. It's a beep code on steroids basically.

Ordered RAM, didnt make any difference. Its either the CPU or the MOBO. So I dont know which to order, this problem is real weird but i kinda think its the MOBO even though it says that I have problem with my CPU.

Back