Help!!

Firebat

Gawd
My pc doesn't want to start up....It Posts, but right before it gets to the login screen my computer shuts down. Like, it will boot up normaly then when it gets to the part that says "windows is starting up" It will make a small boom with my subwoofer, and then the computer will shut down and continue to restart. I was doing a system restore and it was restarting when this problem first happened. The shity thing is that I can NOT reformat this p.c. due to the fact that i have important stuff on there.

I have reset the bios and reset the cmos and yet it still won't start. Sorry if this post is in the wrong place but i wasnt sure where to put it. :(

Sounds like your PSU has crapped out on you to me. If you have a spare PSU try it.

I pressed f8 when starting windows, so it gave me the option to boot into safe mode. Windows set a restore point right before it did the first system restore, so i just restored it to that point.

The funny thing is, the reason why i did all this was because Windows Task Manager was stuck on one screen with no options. All i had to do was double click on the white border space in task manager and it went back to normal. (Try it, double click on the white border space to the side in task manager.) I feel like such a tard :D

Back