help with X850 XT

mooky

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 28, 2003
Messages
76
Hello everyone I just installed a whole bunch of stuff in my computer. after i installed the X850XT PCI express my monitor says something like "video input no signal" the card has power and the monitor works fine while connected to my friends laptop. any idea what could be causing this?
 
I cant even get into the bios because there is no video on the screen =/.
 
Basically, no signal means that the monitor doesn't recognize anything and it thinks that there's nothing attached to it.

You should check to make sure the video card is firmly plugged into the PCI-E slot. Also, are you certain that it's the video card and not the motherboard / cpu or other components that may be causing the machine to not boot up? Remember, the monitor will only display something usually AFTER that first bios beep.

Is this a new build or an upgrade? If an upgrade, go back to the old video card to make sure everything is in working order and that it's just the video card.
 
I just put in the new mobo, amd 64 4000+, and visiontek x850 XT. when i first turn on the computer I dont hear a beep. what does that mean?

Also, I can't test it with an old video card because there isn't an AGP slot.
 
mooky said:
I just put in the new mobo, amd 64 4000+, and visiontek x850 XT. when i first turn on the computer I dont hear a beep. what does that mean?

Also, I can't test it with an old video card because there isn't an AGP slot.
If you don't hear a beep, it's most likely the motherboard that's bad and not the video card.
 
pull it completely apart and assemble it outside the case. test it one thing at a time. first ram then video card. make sure any mb lights are lit, if all good and it works you probably grounded the board with a possible stand off. good luck
 
Back
Top