• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help with X2 Affinity setting

blaze24

n00b
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
18
Hey guys, I am having a problem keeping BF2 set to CPU0 in the task manager. When I had BF2 1.02 I went in to the task manager to set the program to CPU0 instead of CPU0 and 1. and I never had to alt-tab out again and set it it always stayed set at CPU0 no matter what but since I updated the game to 1.03 every time I try to set the affinity in the game and exit out of the game and load it up again it reverts back to CPU 0 and 1? I cannot make it remember to only use 1 CPU instead of two? Am I going to have to alt-tab out of the game every time I start it up to uncheck one of the CPU boxes? That seems annoying as hell and I didn’t have to do that before. Any ideas?
 
I believe there is something you can add to the shortcut, but it eludes me at this time.
 
You can either try the new MS dual core patch (I would do this first), or you can download one of the many programs out there that will let you set CPU affinity once for a given program. One such program is SMP Seesaw.
 
The patch I believe is specfically for XPSP2. I hear it works from all reports thus far.

Good luck!

Nitebane
 
Back
Top