help with wireless bridge

drunknbass

Limp Gawd
someone please help me i cant get it to work.
i have 2 buffalo wifi routers with tomato firmware installed.
#1 is connected to the cable modem and is the main router to the whole house.
i have an xbox 360 i wanna get online so i thought id use my 2nd router to get it online and save $ not buying a usb wifi thing for it.

so i need to figure out how to use wds mode or something to have my 2nd router connect to the wifi signal of #1 and get my xbox online via ethernat cable.

ive read stuff online and nothing works

I suggest trying "wireless client" or "wireless ethernet bridge" mode. I'm not familiar with the Tomato firmware, but in DD-WRT firmware, these would be the proper modes for connecting as a wireless client to a standard wireless router / access point, and sharing that connection with the wired ports.

For this, the main router should be left as a standard wireless router without WDS.

I suggest checking the Tomato docs and picking one of these modes.

http://www.polarcloud.com/v/scclient.htm

that video didnt explain anything. is that the second routers config? those ssid and shared keys, are they supposed to match ssid and key of the first router? do i put them both on the same channel etc? i cant seem to get the 2nd router to connect to the first one wirelessly. i have them sitting next to each other like 6 feet apart. and i have a completly seperate pc trying to get online off the 2nd router via ethernet cable and i cant. all i can seem to do is get into the router to change setting, but it never gets internet from router #1

Back