HELP with Windows XP activate

evil neo

n00b
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
39
I built the computer for my friend. I activate the Windows XP. Later download new drivers for motherboard and video card then reboot. M$ said my hardware is changed and please re-activate Window XP. What a joke! Any idea for solve the problem?
 
Call Microsoft and explain what happened. They'll give you a new key.

And in the future, don't activate your install until your done installing all of your hardware (including drivers) to avoid this same problem.
 
its hardly a joke but I'm not going to defend their position. I agree with them and love seeing those without a legit version squirm ...the online option should work easily enough too
 
Call Microsoft and explain what happened. They'll give you a new key.

And in the future, don't activate your install until your done installing all of your hardware (including drivers) to avoid this same problem.


Thank. It's work good. I just learn about that. I had no problem with it before like 2 years ago. Darn M$ change everything.
 
I hear ya' Gboo. I once updated my video card drivers, rebooted, and was greeted by a "you have three days to reactivate due to recent hardware changes." Now, that only happened once, but what a joke.
 
Back
Top