Help with Windows 7 Advanced Boot options in safe mode.

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
Guys i need help here, when i hit the F8 key im only getting a few options for safe mode, Im trying to get a option to boot into windows in Low resolution mode and im not seeing it. I have a Arcade machine and i just built a New PC to run it, when i installed windows 7 ( 32-bit) everything was fine, As soon as i installed my video card driver ( NVidia ) my screen is all messed up now and i cant see anything. I googled Safe mode and i am seeing a Advanced Boot Option but i dont see it on ,mine after pressing F8, Any ideas? Thanks guys :)

you could try Last Known Good Configuration

It's a Windows startup option that uses the most recent system settings that worked correctly. Every time you turn your computer off and Windows shuts down successfully, important system settings are saved in the registry. You can use those settings to start your computer if a problem occurs. For example, if a new driver for your video card is causing problems, or an incorrect registry setting is preventing Windows from starting correctly, you can restart your computer using Last Known Good Configuration.

otherwise, you should have a "Enable low resolution video (640 × 480)" option.
If that option isn't available from the F8 menu, boot in to Safe Mode, Start -> Run -> msconfig -> Boot tab -> check "Base video" then reboot

If that option isn't available from the F8 menu, boot in to Safe Mode, Start -> Run -> msconfig -> Boot tab -> check "Base video" then reboot . This is what i needed to do, For some reason the Nvidia drivers kept resetting back to 1280X1024 which the arcade moniter does not support. Thanks for the help its all working now!

Back