• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help with wattage for HTPC

TheResidentEvil

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
1,943
The problem is not the quantity, but the quality. The PSU in that case is a shitty generic unit, and it isn't a good idea to use it to power a modern system.
 
that may be the case but you cant just put a new psu in a htpc case because the psus are usually proprietary.
 
my htpc in my sig draws 50 watts when watching bluray.
The Antec TP 550watt I have in it is a bit overkill
 
Anybody have any suggestions for a good SFF power supply? I'm looking at a 350W unit from Antec. It's the same one used in their Minuet case.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Anybody have any suggestions for a good SFF power supply? I'm looking at a 350W unit from Antec. It's the same one used in their Minuet case.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Not all those sized PSUs will fit those cases, hope you know that.
 
Not all those sized PSUs will fit those cases, hope you know that.

I'm aware. I have to find some sort of replacement though. The PSU that came with my el-cheapo case was, well, el-cheapo. It's only putting out 11V on the 12V rail at less than 50% load. So it's toast. From what I can tell from pictures, the Antec Minuet PSU will fit my case. I just can't find many reviews on SFF power supplies.
 
Back
Top