• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help with watercooling setup

Cyrezar

n00b
Joined
Jun 29, 2006
Messages
4
I just took the plunge to full WC and purchased a set of swiftech components, including a swiftech 120 rad, apogee extreme and wcw60/30 gpu and northbridge block. All the tubing is set up and leak free, but when filling the circuit for leak testing, water pours out of the radiator fins. Am I missing something here? Is there some secret to preventing this or is the rad defective?
 
It is not supposed to come out of the fins at all. If there is a leak anywhere in a system I would expect it to be at a barb.
 
Well damn. The barbs are definitely 100% not leaking anywhere, and the water is definitely 100% coming out of the rad. Guess I should go ahead and get a replacement if I wanna use my comp anytime soon.
 
Well, if the fins got bent enough, you can get a small hole in them. I had a leak once like that, all my fault. I was moving my BIP2 and was not careful. I dinged the rad at one location where the fins were. Well, once I had the pump all hooked up and the water filled, there was a nice leak. So, it can happen. If your came like that, I would return it for an exchange or refund.
From then on, I have been very careful when moving the radiators around.
 
Yeah I've found the spot where the leak is and its definitely defective. This sucks, everything is all set up in the comp already. This should be a lesson, always pre test equip before installing it.
 
What a mess that can be. Make sure you thoroughly dry everything before applying power. Sometimes it helps to use alchohol to clean it since it dries faster. Don't leave your coolant on there without cleaning it off; it leaves a residue that will attract dust.
 
Back
Top