Help With Vista Lag

samops03

Gawd
I just re-installed Vista64 on a RAID0 Array with 2 WD500AAKS Drives. Now i have a really weird problem where my pc will hang for a few seconds at a time. The mouse pointer will freeze and come back. This happens randomly and if im watching a movie, it will freeze and resume playing. When i had one Drive, it never did this. I've tried different versions of various drivers to no avail. Installed SP1 and still same thing.

Has anyone experienced this before? Or would anyone shed some light on how i can go about fixing it? Thanks in Advance!

Specs are in Sig.

I have a system I have seen this on. Still messing with it from time to time. Latest thing I did was replace the SATA data cables which seems to have really helped. I try to reuse stuff I have laying around and sometimes this is a mistake. I am using a Logitech MX610 which I have seen this on virtually ever PC I use it on. I'll be trying another mouse on this later to see if that helps.

Have you tried a single drive install on the other drive/new drive ?
Maybe one of the drives is bad, run some diags, you might have bad blocks.

I have a system I have seen this on. Still messing with it from time to time. Latest thing I did was replace the SATA data cables which seems to have really helped. I try to reuse stuff I have laying around and sometimes this is a mistake. I am using a Logitech MX610 which I have seen this on virtually ever PC I use it on. I'll be trying another mouse on this later to see if that helps.

Well i only used one additional SATA cable which was new and came with my MB, i guess i can try to replace them. The mouse is def not the problem because it worked fine before i set up the raid. Another thing that just happened is that right after the lag, my video driver crashes and recovers.

Well i only used one additional SATA cable which was new and came with my MB, i guess i can try to replace them. The mouse is def not the problem because it worked fine before i set up the raid. Another thing that just happened is that right after the lag, my video driver crashes and recovers.

Sorry I can't be of more help other than what looks to be the problem I had. Also, a different mouse cured the last remaining performance issue.

Back