• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help with underscan and related issues

viivo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 7, 2005
Messages
1,709
Recently bought a 4850 to do a little light gaming. It is connected to my 1080P TV via the ATI DVI-HDMI adapter.

I guess the simplest way I can put it, since this issue irritates me beyond belief, is that I can't play a game at a resolution unless my desktop is that resolution or it messes up my refresh rate (I think) and creates black bars around the image.

I set my desktop to 1280x720 and fixed the underscan in CCC. I started Borderlands and it worked fine. I then alt-tabbed, set my desktop to 1920x1080, tabbed back and the game was still at 1280, but blurry and tiny with huge black bars. Same thing as if I had started it that way.

Is there anything I can do about this? I can only run a few games at 1920 and I don't want to change my desktop res just to play a game. I tried messing with the TV's settings, but the its under/overscan settings affect all inputs and resolutions.

I'm unning windows 7 x64. I should also mention that this is my first ATI card since I bought a 9800PRO on day one, so I'm hoping it's an easy solution I'm just overlooking.
 
Back
Top