Help with this schematic

Thanks man. I was hoping someone could help interpret it for me, I only really under stand the resistors and caps., and am not really good at laying these things out.

Here's my parts list so far:

(2) 470 Ohms Resistors
100k Ohm Resistor
220k Ohm Resistor
(2) Power Transistors, model 2SD401A - 2A,150V,25W

I'm not sure what the > looking things are, (diodes, right?), It says IN4005 but I am unfamiliar with model numbers, are they zenier diodes?

Any more help?

_mike_ said:
I'm not sure what the > looking things are, (diodes, right?), It says IN4005 but I am unfamiliar with model numbers, are they zenier diodes?

Any more help?

They're high-voltage switching diodes. You can get all the parts at mouser.com; just search for 1N4005. You'd better get some face-to-face help, because if you don't know what you're doing with this circuit, you can get hurt. The output transformer has to be hand-wound. Unless you know how to do it right, your circuit won't work.

.B ekiM

all the parts are listed on the scematic.

there's 3 resistors: 470, 470, 220k
1 variable resistor (potientometer): 100k (labeled as R1 on the diagram)
2 transiters (G1 and G2): part#: 2S0401A
7 Capacitors (Mylar or Ceramic, NOT ELECTROLYTIC!): check diagram for values, they should all be in uF.. so if it says .05, it means .05uF
2 inductors (T1 and T2): T1 = TLO17 (part # for mouser), T2=bottom of diagram gives a description of what you gotta do
1 SCR: part# EC104M (looks like a diode on the diagram, only with an extra lead)
1 DIAC (looks like two diodes back to back): search Mouser
5 Diodes: 1N4005 (search mouser for that #)

... and the 9 volt battery

dont use this on your dog!

where you dropped or something? 50k Volts is a enough to stun a big man (and i mean a huge man). your dog will end up being more aggresive than before.

How about profesional trainer?

you know, instead of these nazi tactics you plan to pull on him?

EDIT:

also the guy who listed the parts was right. I agree with him

>| are just regular diodes.. zener diodes just have a higher foward voltage.. basically you're purposly reverse biasing a diode to get a zener diode... just zenr dioder adn dissipate more power safly

chinoquezada said:
dont use this on your dog!

where you dropped or something? 50k Volts is a enough to stun a big man (and i mean a huge man). your dog will end up being more aggresive than before.

How about profesional trainer?

you know, instead of these nazi tactics you plan to pull on him?

EDIT:

also the guy who listed the parts was right. I agree with him

It doesn't really matter how many volts are used. What matters is the amount of current transmitted.

DarkenReaper57 said:
It doesn't really matter how many volts are used. What matters is the amount of current transmitted.
living tissue resistance can vary a lot of course, but mainly we are dealing in megaohms. But 50K Volts would inevitable transmit a lot of current.

Just think that powerlines have a 13K Volts potential between one another and i think you have read or seen or been told how people have been killed from them. (of course you get killed cause the initial shock shorts your central nervous system and doesnt let you move your hands to brake free. you fry...)

chinoquezada said:
But 50K Volts would inevitable transmit a lot of current.

Or, not. If the supply isn't capable of delivering that much current, the voltage drops and that's that. The supply must be capable of sourcing that much current. It may or may not be able to.

.B ekiM

chinoquezada said:
living tissue resistance can vary a lot of course, but mainly we are dealing in megaohms. But 50K Volts would inevitable transmit a lot of current.

Just think that powerlines have a 13K Volts potential between one another and i think you have read or seen or been told how people have been killed from them. (of course you get killed cause the initial shock shorts your central nervous system and doesnt let you move your hands to brake free. you fry...)

I though humans had a resistan of only like 500 ohms from head to toe???
:confused:

oh.. and let me corect what i said earlier.. zener diodes are diodes that are made to be used in the reverse bias area.. the purpose is, so that you can regulate voltage with them, and won't need to use like 10 diodes to regulate what one zener can do.. plus it helps keep the line voltage more stable.. so all in all.. teh reverse bias part of the zener is more linear, than the reverse bias part of a regular diode..that's assuming you're operating passed the breakdown voltage

mikeblas said:
Or, not. If the supply isn't capable of delivering that much current, the voltage drops and that's that. The supply must be capable of sourcing that much current. It may or may not be able to.

.B ekiM
0.01 amps could kill. some batteries can pull up to 2 amps...

_mike_ said:
Not really for my computer (yet......), but I want to use this to train my dog.

http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Projects/Stun-Gun/Stungun-2.jpg

Can anyone help me as to what it is?

Go buy a real shock collar if you're having these kinds of problems. There are even shock collars out there that have the shock module and a vibration module...it delivers shock and vibration.

The dog learns to associate the shock with the vibration and with doing "bad" things. Not liking the shock means he won't like the vibration either. After time you can stop using the shock and only use the vibration. It's humane.

This...is out there. If you have to resort to something like this, your dog probably needs to be put down or kept away from people.

chinoquezada said:
0.01 amps could kill. some batteries can pull up to 2 amps...

Sure, some can. Some can source substantially more, such as a car battery.

Anyway, what's your point?

.B ekiM

mikeblas said:
Sure, some can. Some can source substantially more, such as a car battery.

Anyway, what's your point?

.B ekiM
that the OP doesnt seem to know a lot about electronics yet. And in making and using this thing, could possibly injure him or his dog.

That why i suggested using a professional trainer...

I don't think it would be right to zap the dog anyway.. you can train animals with out being abusive..

Im sorry i just got this picture of owner meeting new people and dog jumping on them. Then owner wipping out a tazer and putting his dog into convoltions on the floor, while greeting new people with a smile. Funny picture in my mind.

Seriously If you feel you need to resort to this inorder to train your dog not to bite people he needs to be put down. I love dogs (have a pitbull/rotwieler mix) but its people over animals. How old is the dog? Has he been fixed? After a certain age and testosterone level tazing a dog will only make him angrier.

On a side note, if you do decide to do this make damn sure he is not biting someone when you go to fry your little buddy. That would make for one hell of a lawsuit. "Not only did his dong attack me, but then the owner electricuited me" :p

JEEVES

Man, this one got out of hand. First off, I'm not killing my dog.. maybe he's deaf/autistic?

Anyway, why does everyone assume electric shock immediate means death? Even touched a 9V battery to your tongue? Died? Did it feel good though?

_mike_ said:
Man, this one got out of hand. First off, the dog is 3 months old. He doesn't need put down, but he just doesn't care when you yell at him, or praise him for that fact. Maybe he's deaf/autistic?

Anyway, why does everyone assume electric shock immediate means death? Even touched a 9V battery to your tongue? Died? Did it feel good though?

I figured this was more humane that hitting the dog, since this would be an anoyance, and hitting him hard enough to punish him would probably injure him?

pepper spary the dog :eek:

Oh my god, PLEASE do not use a home brew circuit on any living creature...even a plant. Any such "professional" device is rigoursly tested, then tested some more. I have been working with electronics for years now, and only use the safest of designs on animals (always have INA's at the front end). If you were to use this on your dog, what are you going to do for short circuit protection? What happens if your dog dives into a pool or something? If you don't know the answer to this question, go out and buy one.

Oh, and for those that think its easy to train a dog...you couldn't have been more wrong. I just witnessed my housemate have to give up his hound due to behavior issues. He tried for a year to train his dog, but failed miserably. He had a dozen books and tried everything. Some dogs require a professional to be properly trained (he couldn't afford this, unfortunately). The friggin dog would shit all over the place, and go berserk at little children. She had to go... :(

P.S. Current is what kills, not voltage. The higher the voltage, the greater the chance of the current actually passing through you. Even though this circuit may put out 50kV, the current has to be orders of magnitude less. It is powered by a single 9V, after all. I think its safe to say that a 9V battery can supply .5Ahr of current. This translates to 4.5Whr. At 50kV, the battery would die in .00009 hrs if 1 A is drawn, .009 hrs if .01A is drawn, and .9 hrs if .0001A is drawn. My guess is that less than 100uA is supplied to the dog (which should be safe).

I think this is a bad idea. A professional trainer would be the way to go. Also shocking may just piss him off and make him hate humans more and be MORE aggressive. Also do you realize a stun gun won't just be a "ouch" annoyance.. but more of a laying on the ground muscles twitching for a while not being able to walk cruelty ?

p.s. it looks like this puts out about 830 volts instead of 50,000 like suggested

aL, not all stun guns are like the ones in movies.

Have you ever gotten shocked and twitched uncontrollably on the ground?

Why not just get one of those collars with a remote for zapping the dog? It may cost a bit more, but it's easier to use and works better because the dog won't just behave around you since he won't know it's you causing the shock.

I read the whole thing and still don't get it, _mike_ is this stunt gun for you to train your dog?

joecool234 said:
No, he's just trying to torture it... :rolleyes:
Well that was going to be my answer if he said yes. That is very, very cruel. But I noticed that he never said that it was to train his dog unless I overlooked it. Unless when he edit the initial post he deleted that part, and in that case _mike_ you're a sicko, very sicko. :mad:

When you get it finished, try it out on yourself first to see if it is suitable for your dog.
If you wake up on the floor then you'll know it's too much for your dog.

:rolleyes:

Back