• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help with system failure

MTXR

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 4, 2000
Messages
1,324
So last night i shut my machine down, everything was running good. I go to class this morning and when i get back i try and start the computer up, and it just hangs at the boot screen when its checking memory, i restart a few times, and all of a sudden i get a....

"System Failure due to CPU Overclocking" thru my headphones.

Are my processors dead?

I am running 2x 1.6ghz LV Xeons @ 3.0 @ 1.5V

on a PC-DL Deluxe. Do these cpus die all of a sudden? Quickly? I have only had the system up and running since april of this year.

Any help would be appreaciated. I tried to run it at stock speeds at 1.5V but i am still getting the same problem.. Did i fry these things?

Over the course of using the computer temperatures for each CPU never exceeded 120F under 100% load 24/7

Please help.
 
have you tried different ram? removing all but crucial elements of pc(including hdds) have you tried resetting the bios?
 
ok, i got it to run again. I guess it was a wierd mobo thing. I did everything i could, and it still didn't boot up.

Someone ran into the same problem and you have to unplug for 5 mins and clear the CMOS.

Its a very odd glitch....

thanks for helping.
 
MTXR said:
ok, i got it to run again. I guess it was a wierd mobo thing. I did everything i could, and it still didn't boot up.

Someone ran into the same problem and you have to unplug for 5 mins and clear the CMOS.

Its a very odd glitch....

thanks for helping.
unplugging the mobo and waiting is standard procedure for clearing the cmos...
 
oh. I usually just wait a little bit, not long.

I guess there is still some power in there somewhere if you don't wait long enough.
 
Back
Top