• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help with sound card, reciever, delay

noname4498

n00b
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
24
Ok, I have a x-fi prelude hooked up analog to a onkyo HTIB (ht-r520) with the 3 rca to 3.5mm cables for 5.1. The receiver is in multi channel direct mode, shows MLT Direct on the front. Everything works fine except for a ~60ms delay in everything, browser, movies, games, it is very noticeable and annoying. Direct pcm to the receiver over s/pdif has about the same delay, DDL and DTS connect are much worse at over 100ms. I know the delay has to do with audio decoding, processing. Thought using the multi ch inputs would bypass the receiver's DSP and there would be no delay, I just want to use it as a amp, and I don't want to use computer speaker sets after hearing better speakers, I had planned to upgrade the speakers over time to even better ones, starting with the fronts until this happened. I have also had the same problems with the onboard realtek, so its not the soundcard.

Is the receiver likely the problem, because I don't want to get another and have the same problem, I know receivers were not made for computers, but it seems to be the only other option for 5.1.
 
Last edited:
Yea, everything indicates it's the receiver and not the computer. Just for confirmation, try plugging headphones to your soundcard directly. If there is no delay, I think your receiver is saying good-bye.
 
Back
Top