Help with setting Fan Speed

UltimaBoB

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
215
I have been away for 6 months and during that time I had someone do a windows xp reinstall on my machine.

So with the new 258.96 Nvidia drivers and the latest rivatuner 2.24c, I can no longer seem to set my fan speed to 100% on my 9800Gx2.

I like to just keep the fan at 100% most of the time and if I want it lower, manually set it. No profiles or automatic stuff. I am fine with the noise.

I have been reading that the newest Nvidia drivers have some kind of fan speed control now and don't work with Rivatuner. I don't really know how to find fan speed in the nvida panel. When I tried doing what I have always done with rivatuner, the fan didn't speed up.

So I uninstalled. What should I do?

EDIT: fixed - can't figure out how to delete this post though :(
 
Last edited:
Back
Top