Hi guys, I bought a SAMSUNG LE26R51BD about a month ago for my xbox 360 (which I now don't have) and I've decided I want to hook it up to my pc and was thinking of ways I could do it and got awfully confused.
The monitor itself has a vga and hdmi output, along with more that I cannot remember and don't think are relevant.. I was thinking which way would work out the cheapest and which would end up giving me the best quality picture (without costing the earth).
The easiest way I thought about doing it was a simple vga cable from my tele to my pc, but I'd rather not have to switch vga cables each time I wanted to watch something on my tele.. so I was thinking to use the DVI port.. so I thought I could do it by using a vga extension and then use a vga-dvi converter.. but would this actually work and would I get decent quality image from this?
Another way I was looking to do it was a DVI-HDMI cable.. but then I saw the difference in the price of HDMI-DVI cable and a HDMI-DVI-d cable and wondered what the difference was and why there was such a steep difference in the price?
Any feedback is welcomed.
Liam
The monitor itself has a vga and hdmi output, along with more that I cannot remember and don't think are relevant.. I was thinking which way would work out the cheapest and which would end up giving me the best quality picture (without costing the earth).
The easiest way I thought about doing it was a simple vga cable from my tele to my pc, but I'd rather not have to switch vga cables each time I wanted to watch something on my tele.. so I was thinking to use the DVI port.. so I thought I could do it by using a vga extension and then use a vga-dvi converter.. but would this actually work and would I get decent quality image from this?
Another way I was looking to do it was a DVI-HDMI cable.. but then I saw the difference in the price of HDMI-DVI cable and a HDMI-DVI-d cable and wondered what the difference was and why there was such a steep difference in the price?
Any feedback is welcomed.
Liam