• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help with SAMBA please.

gnewbury

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - September 2007
Joined
May 4, 2001
Messages
2,544
link
Basically it's being a pain to set up under Fedora 4.
Any help would be appreciated.

 
I know I've gotten it working a couple of times, but I also remember it being a bitch :p
 
Problem partially solved - manually edited conf file, fixed the firewall, changed sneding of password to plain text.
 
I never have solved my problems with Samba on Fedora 3... Just one reason I tried Ubuntu (specifically Kubuntu) on one of my Linux boxen. I'm no techie and find Kubuntu much easier to manage (including Samba) than Fedora 3. I plan on switching my one remaining Fedora box over to Kubuntu at the next WU completion.

 
Back
Top