Help with router...

Fel

Limp Gawd
A while back i changed some network settings so i could game with two computers online. I forget the exact changes, but now i plug my modem ethernet into one of the 4 blue slots instead of the 1 green one. It doesn't show up as "online" on the modem, but i can connect to the internet with it like that.

When i plug the modem ethernet into the 1 green slot, the online comes on but i can't connect to the internet.

Well the problem now is i cant connect the two xbox's i have setup. When we go through the checklist the IP address hangs.

sounds like the 4 blue solts are LAN solts and the one green in a wan solt, have u tryed pluging the modem into the green solt then rebooting the modem and the router?

will restarting the modem really help? i let it sit there for at least a minute.

yes, when u connect a device to the modem, it grabs the mac address from the device and will only work with that device until its rebooted. its wroth a try anyway

Try resetting your router to factory default and then restart you modem and router and if that doesn't work come back and give us a router model and ISP.

Speedstream 4200, windstream is my isp. restarting all my crap.

oh, restarting most likely wont do anything for adsl line, ive seen alot a people having issues with speedstream modem/router combos

do u have a separate router? if so, which one, or just the all in one router/modem

Belkin wireless G 2.4ghz and speedstream modem.

oh lol, they're seperate.

ok, from what i remember if your using a separate router u have to go into your modems webgui and switch a option to "bridged mode" then u should be able to connect everything

Back