Help with Revolution 5.1

DarkMonkey

Limp Gawd
I purchased an M-Audio revolution 5.1 sound card and I'm trying to get a few things to work.

First off, I'm using the coaxial digital out to send the audio to my digital home theater reciever.

before I got this, I used my computer as an amp for my guitar, and I hooked my guitar up to the line-in and it worked fine, now I can't do that, and when I try to do voice chats with people (I use Skype) the other people can't hear my voice. When I open up the sound properties thing, and look at the .db monitors the sound is coming into the card, it spikes up when I make noise but for some reason none of it gets sent any further. If I try to use the sound recorder program, it also doesn't pick up anything.

Can anybody help me out with this?

I have a 5.1 too, and i have yet to find a way to get analog inputs (mic nor line) to monitor through the digital out. I use a Guitarport at home to practice, and I've had to switch over to analog output mode everytime I want to switch over. Kinda lame.

-wil

Hrmm... time to buy an amp... Any idea about making the mic work with chat programs and the like?

DarkMonkey said:
Hrmm... time to buy an amp... Any idea about making the mic work with chat programs and the like?

Because most of the time the mic has problem on these cards. Some folks use the Onboard mic enabled.

I have an Audigy 2 ZS, it's digital out has no problems with this. I just got through playing my bass through the COAX digital out into my Pioneer VSX D711 reciever. Yes, it Rocked , hehehehe!

Donnie

Back