Help with Reparrtitioning

Dougjwjr

Limp Gawd
I have a WD6400AAKS, that's split into 4 partitions. The first is 40gb, that has vista home premium 64 on it, There's 2 at 200gb, and the last is 156gb. I know 40gb is enough for that first drive, but I would be more comfterable with more. At the same time, I would like to be able to keep the data on that drive, rather than having to reinstall Vista, if possible.

What I want to do is put 100gb from the 156 (which has nothing on it) on one of my 200's, and the remaining 56gb on my C drive. Can this be done?

You can go into Disk Management utility (Right click "Computer" -> Manage) and extend the partition by right clicking the partition you wish to extend and you can enter a value (maximum of whatever unallocated space is available) to the partition you wish to expand. Make sure any unused partitions are deleted so it's detected as unallocated space.

You can alternatively use DISKPART in the Windows Command Line, though I suspect Disk Management should be enough.

Aah, thanks. I never knew that was there =O. I deleted the 156 partition, sent 100gb into one of the unused 200gb partitions.. the other 200gb partition that has something on it, and the 40gb partition dont have options to extend them though. I can Shrink them, and the option to delete the 200gb partition is there, but not to extend either of them. What should I do?

Back