Help with Remote shutdown over a network

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALL4AMD

I Go to Court for Fun.
hey all i can't figure out how to remote start computers here on a shared wireless network. its shared in my dorm @ an airforce base and some buttheads do nothing but download crap to where a bunch of us can't play any games over the cable internet. i sorta figured it out to use command prompt and do "shutdown \\opteron /r" but it doesn't seem to work. any comments?

ALL4AMD said:
hey all i can't figure out how to remote start computers here on a shared wireless network. its shared in my dorm @ an airforce base and some buttheads do nothing but download crap to where a bunch of us can't play any games over the cable internet. i sorta figured it out to use command prompt and do "shutdown \\opteron /r" but it doesn't seem to work. any comments?

you cannot shutdown a remote computer without proper persmissions. Unless you have access to the breaker box

ALL4AMD said:
any scripts that can get around the permissions?

If the machines are not your own, you have no business shutting them down or asking for how to circumvent security.

If you've got problems with the campus network, talk to the network admins. :rolleyes:

j0k3r said:
Yes. All of which are illegal.

I don't believe there is a law to say you can't do this kind of thing, but either way, we aren't here to help with going around any policies currently in place on your network.

<< Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back