• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help with raid 0, URGENT!

Bleet

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
126
So here is how it goes. I have an Asus P5NSLI mobo. I went into the BIOS and enabled raid for sata 1 & 2. When I reboot I press F10 to get into the raid config options. I set it to striping and to 16k and add my drive. Save and exit. Now I reboot into the XP install CD. I press F6 so I can install the additional raid drivers. I click on "NVIDIA RAID DRIVER (REQUIRED)". It tells me that windows already has a driver that it can use for this, but the floppy driver is newer. I I press "s" to use the one on the floppy. When it gets to the point that it needs to copy the first files the the HDD it cant find nvraid.sys. The floppy light is going and I can here the floppy being accessed, but it still cant find it.

I have tried using 3 different floppys, and on two different drives. I have also tried using the make disk tool on their site, and on the disk provided.

What is going on? Can somebody please help?

Thanks,
Nick
 
Is this a new system? Overclocked? I've seen the flakiest things prevent Windows from installing right and just wondering if there is untested hardware. If not, I'd use the one in Windows and then update when you're done installing. By this time, you may have already done that.
 
Does it work with the driver Windows has? If you don't hit F6 does it detect the raid? Could you slipstream drivers onto your CD using another machine?
 
Well I haven't heard of Windows by default having an NVidia RAID controller driver like you mentioned, but I couldn't say that with certainty. Yeah you could slipstream the drivers with nLite and make a new Windows install CD to make it recognize the RAID controller.
 
tuskenraider said:
Well I haven't heard of Windows by default having an NVidia RAID controller driver like you mentioned, but I couldn't say that with certainty. Yeah you could slipstream the drivers with nLite and make a new Windows install CD to make it recognize the RAID controller.
Yes, that is probably because it is a ...
;)

Ill try the nLite thing.
 
The P5NSLI will load up off of the standard windows drivers. Once you get into windows, you can then load the drivers off the driver CD.

I know in the past for nvidia you had load both the SATA RAID drivers and the standard Nvidia storage driver. The last couple of OS loads I've done on the P5NSLI were non raid, so you may need to load both nvidia drivers (RAID and Storage)
 
I vaguely remember reading about installation issues using 16k blocks with XP SP2, but that may have been isolated to only a certain Silicon Image chipset and/or driver revision.

Have you tried a different block size?
 
Back
Top