• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

help with PSU testing with multimeter

Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
928
Hi I have a system I just built with a CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 PSU . I have been having stability issues and want to rule out my PSU after a long time troubleshooting with no success.

I have searched google for testing a psu with digital multimeter under load (computer on with PSU connected to everything).

24pinout.jpg


This is the pinout im going off of.

I seem to only be getting 3.3 v out of some of the orange pins though. That's bad, right?

I stopped there but will test more tonight. I should really get 3.3v out of all orange, 12v out of all yellow, 5v out of all red, -12 out of blue, -5 out of white? Anything else I should test like PWR_OK, PS_ON, or VSB +5?

Everything I google is either outdated or not in depth. Thanks
 
I would be expecting you to get 3.3v out of all the Orange wires. I know that PSU is modular. Make sure all the wires are properly seated.
 
Back
Top