• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help with power supply

suseel

n00b
Joined
May 3, 2007
Messages
5
I need help with selecting power supply for my HTPC computer I am planning to build. I have an old ASUS P4P800 Deluxe mother board, ATI 9200 graphics card and 2.4 GHz Processor. I wanted to build a HTPC with these items. Most of the cases I looked at does not come with power supply. I want to buy a power supply that is quite and will go with this mother board. I appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.
 
Are you looking at HTPC cases or ATX midtower-type things? HTPC cases generally come with 250-300W power supplies which are generally of decent quality. How many hard drives would this system be running at one time?
 
I am looking at only HTPC cases (nMediapc). They do not come with power supply. Maximum two hard drives. I have a 2.5 hard drive which I plan to use. Later I might add a 3.5 hard drive.
 
Back
Top