• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help With Power Supply Upgrade

mrdavidpham

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
269
I don't know what power supply to choose from. I narrow it down to a select few:

Seasonic S12-600
Epower Silent Power Tiger 550w
Antec 550 TruePower II

I want quietness and these are the ones that are quiet enough. The only reason I like the Epower is cause it has modular connectors. The S12 wiring is really messy but its the quietest one out of the three. The Antec is the cheapest of the bunch, and I like Antec since it hasn't fail me yet. Any suggestions? THANKS!
 
Seasonic S12-600 > Very Quiet
Epower Silent Power Tiger 550w > Not Recommended
Antec 550 TruePower II > Quiet Enough, IMO

What are you powering?
 
Powering

Opteron 146 @ 2.5 right now tryign to go to 3.0 with the new power supply
Asus A8N SLi Premium
2x512 OCZ pc4000 Gold
Lite on DvD RW
Floppy
250gb WD
160gb Maxtor
7800gt for now, waiting for another

2x120 case fans

All this on a Antec 350s Smartpower

I think my psu is limiting my overclock that is why I need a new one.
 
Get the SeaSonic and relax knowing you have a trouble-free power supply. Especially if you plan on adding another 7800gt. And if quietness is important I can say its inaudible in my heavy cheiftec steel tower.
 
Back
Top