Help with PC X-FI settings please, cheeers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Apr 4, 2007
Messages
2
Hey,

i am kinda new to home recording and just needed some help. Much Appeciated !!!
Here is my equiptment so far.

New sound card: X-FI Extreme Music
Marshall Amp
Electric Guitar

Here is the setup:
I have a normal guitar lead from my guitar to my amp, then use the line out from the marshall amp to a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter which plugs into the sound card.

Here's the problem. When I'm in the Audio Creation Mode which is the program that you control the sound card with i can't seem to get the front FR channel working, only the FL picks up any signal and its pretty qiute too.

In the setting I have it on Line Out, however weirdly enough, when I change it to microphone and use the guitar both chanells pick up, but its pretty bad recording quality.

Another strange thing when I have it back on Line Out and I put the chorus effect on, both channels pick up quitly. Weird huh!?

I am using Adobe Audition 2.0 and the same thing happpens, only records on one channel. I can get my Mic working perfectly so if someone could help me with this i will give them $1 million dollars......mabye not that much :p

Thanks,
Rhys.
 
check your cables and adpaters. I think your going from a mono connection to a stereo connection. I use the exact same setup except I put a mixer in the middle before I connect to the PC so I can put the balance for the guitar in the middle of the stereo stage. Does this help?
I will be waiting for my money:)
 
anyone ideas!??

Go to your Music Creation Mode Help file? Look for recording with Line In?

Example; YOU NEVER use MIC when using a Pre Amp or Amp. Not only does the distortion sound like crap, it can damage the card.

Short and quick, Red lights on the controls mean Muted and Green means Active. Mute what's not in use. The two knobs above the L/R Sliders on the Line In panel are for Panning. One is set all the way to the Left and the other is set all the way to the Right by default. Balance these to Zero 0db and no more one sidedness. These will come in handy after you figure out most of the settings. The other really sweet thing is that if you have a certain setting/s you like using, you can save a "Snapshot" and these setting/s will be saved. I have 3 saved.

Though clearly not Pro Tools, it works well.

If there was ever a need for an "How to" on You Tube or etc.., using this software would make a great one.
 
If your serious about home recording look at some production cards from M-Audio or others- if you want card with multiple inputs and outputs. If you use a card with 1 or 2 line_ins your probably better off picking up a small mixer so you have room to grow when you get more into it. Recording gear tends to multiply.
 
http://www.digitraxx.com/emu_1212m.html

IN STOCK - SHIPS WITHIN 24Hrs 139.95

The E-MU® 1212M Digital Audio System delivers everything you need to produce audio on a PC with professional results - 24-bit/192kHz converters (the same A/D converters used in Digidesign®'s flagship Pro Tools® HD 192 I/O interface)

DO NOT MISS THIS LIMITED TIME OFFER !!
Includes $100's in FREE fully functional recording softwares:
(These are NOT trials, these versions are working versions - full details below)

Cakewalk SONAR LE
Steinberg Cubase LE
Ableton Live Lite 4
Steinberg WaveLab Lite
IK Multimedia Amplitube LE
SFX Machine LT
E-MU Proteus VX Software Sound Module
 
LOL, they have to drop the cards price - Reflects the quality of the gear you get.;)
 
what's wrong with the Emu 1212M? I just got one on the fs/t section and I think it's a great card. I think they are dropping prices because the card is discontinued and new models are out.
 
There are better cards out there for recording, to be fair though it depends alot on what you want. Why would somebody want a discontinued card? For example all the people I know that record and I know ALOT of them. They don't use the EMU series.
 
There are better cards out there for recording, to be fair though it depends alot on what you want. Why would somebody want a discontinued card?

you've never bought older gear? that's like saying why would someone want a Roland TB303 since they are no longer made. just because it's discontinued doesn't mean it's obsolete. It's not like the world of gaming soundcards where they are obsolete when a new 3D api comes along.. this is recording hardware. Dac's and I/O are the primary features. Plus there is a price/performance ratio to think about. I think getting the same dacs used in the top 24/192 ProTools HD 192 interface for $65 while gaining balanced i/o, optical / coax i/o, adat i/o etc was too good to pass up.
 
what's wrong with the Emu 1212M? I just got one on the fs/t section and I think it's a great card. I think they are dropping prices because the card is discontinued and new models are out.

Not to start any crap or anything but haven't you figured out yet that he has some kind of Creative Phobia LOL?!;) :D
 
@magnetik, Yeah I guess you have a point about that. If the gear is good it's good. Old, new doesn't matter. As I mentioned all the guys I know that record don't and/or won't use EMU, for whatever reasons. From what I have been told and from what I hear I would rather go with M-Audio. That's my opinion though. I shouldn't say I am too down on them I have considered buying one before. The Delta Line seems to have more of the features I am looking for.

Not to start any crap or anything, but you haven't figured out he's a Creative Groupie? ;) :)
hmm, Problem for most, Ignored by some.:rolleyes:
Edit,
@Magnetik, to be fair, I just reviewd the 1212M's features and spec's seems like a decent card for recording. Buggy drivers would be my main concern though. How do you find their drivers on that model? Do your record with it?
 
@magnetik, Yeah I guess you have a point about that. If the gear is good it's good. Old, new doesn't matter. As I mentioned all the guys I know that record don't and/or won't use EMU, for whatever reasons. From what I have been told and from what I hear I would rather go with M-Audio. That's my opinion though. I shouldn't say I am too down on them I have considered buying one before. The Delta Line seems to have more of the features I am looking for.

Not to start any crap or anything, but you haven't figured out he's a Creative Groupie? ;) :)
hmm, Problem for most, Ignored by some.:rolleyes:
Edit,
@Magnetik, to be fair, I just reviewd the 1212M's features and spec's seems like a decent card for recording. Buggy drivers would be my main concern though. How do you find their drivers on that model? Do your record with it?

Just posting info to help someone else doesn't mean anyone wants to get in the way of an X-Meridian spammer like you either but to each his or her own.:p

The 1212 doesn't have buggy drivers and anyone using one will tell you that. It wouldn't make a difference just as all of those folks posting in that thread about; "Do your X-Fi Drivers work"?---->http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1144078

So you just count through the thread and it makes one point clear. You're either a liar or clueless or both since wayyyyy more folks say they didn't have problems. This is just another in a long line of Creative bashing you seem to never tire of. Now are you paid to bash Creative by Auzentech or what?:D

The OP asked about how to control a app you know nothing about. Maybe you should have skipped the thread and just spammed another?
 
I was speaking with Magnetik about the EMU1212M. So who is spamming the thread here?
I considered the issue he was having was related to his connectors. If you go around bothering people who say bad things about Creative cards- Your gonna be one busy guy:rolleyes: Try and stay on topic would you. The only person to mention X-Meridian in this thread is you.:rolleyes:
 
I was speaking with Magnetik about the EMU1212M. So who is spamming the thread here?
I considered the issue he was having was related to his connectors. If you go around bothering people who say bad things about Creative cards- Your gonna be one busy guy:rolleyes: Try and stay on topic would you. The only person to mention X-Meridian in this thread is you.:rolleyes:

It wasn't his connectors and if you had the app you'd know how the Panning Controls work. Individual channels can get their own effect/s. They're trimmed down to help keep down distortion. The only person keeping me busy is YOU LOL! Hint! Just as you jumped in the other thread without reading it through.

I haven't posted in the X-Meridian Spam thread for at least a month;) In fact, closer to two months. Now please, if you don't know anything about Creative's Music Creative Mode device, please keep quiet:rolleyes: You might learn something.
 
@magnetik, Yeah I guess you have a point about that. If the gear is good it's good. Old, new doesn't matter. As I mentioned all the guys I know that record don't and/or won't use EMU, for whatever reasons. From what I have been told and from what I hear I would rather go with M-Audio. That's my opinion though. I shouldn't say I am too down on them I have considered buying one before. The Delta Line seems to have more of the features I am looking for.

@Magnetik, to be fair, I just reviewd the 1212M's features and spec's seems like a decent card for recording. Buggy drivers would be my main concern though. How do you find their drivers on that model? Do your record with it?
 
It wasn't his connectors and if you had the app you'd know how the Panning Controls work. Individual channels can get their own effect/s. They're trimmed down to help keep down distortion. The only person keeping me busy is YOU LOL! Hint! Just as you jumped in the other thread without reading it through.

I haven't posted in the X-Meridian Spam thread for at least a month;) In fact, closer to two months. Now please, if you don't know anything about Creative's Music Creative Mode device, please keep quiet:rolleyes: You might learn something.

Do you really have to go on the offensive and get into a flame war everytime someone says anything even remotely negative about a creative product?

Its extremely difficult for anyone to take you seriously accusing someone of being paid PR when you pounce on anyone that dont speak of creative as if thier products where handed down by god himself.

And WTF how can you even accuse him of being PR when your the one that keeps bringing up the brand you accuse him of representing?
 
P/Med both of you guys. check it please.

back to topic (I am guilty also)
 
Will do. Can you answer my post Magnetik?
How do you find there drivers? have you done any recording with the card?
 
@magnetik, Yeah I guess you have a point about that. If the gear is good it's good. Old, new doesn't matter. As I mentioned all the guys I know that record don't and/or won't use EMU, for whatever reasons. From what I have been told and from what I hear I would rather go with M-Audio. That's my opinion though. I shouldn't say I am too down on them I have considered buying one before. The Delta Line seems to have more of the features I am looking for.

@Magnetik, to be fair, I just reviewd the 1212M's features and spec's seems like a decent card for recording. Buggy drivers would be my main concern though. How do you find their drivers on that model? Do your record with it?


fwiw, I haven't used Vista.. I had issues with my XFi with digital out under vista so I moved back to good ol' XP. I have recorded analog from my turntables through my emu w/out issue and the sound quality was better than the XFi (less bg noise), but that's not to say my recordings through the XFi was bad. I have yet to record digitally though since most my recordings come from vinyl.
 
Well the EMU would have alot better Dynamic range when recording I would think, this is why you get better sound. Alot of people think 24/96 is the same on all cards and that is far from the truth. There are other factors that play into it. Especially when recording analog material.
I just wanted to ask about the drivers becasue a couple of my freinds with home studio's said to avoid them as they are less then stable and go with M-Audio. I was considering buying one, I am not sure it will fit my needs. Thx for the info...
 
fwiw, I haven't used Vista.. I had issues with my XFi with digital out under vista so I moved back to good ol' XP. I have recorded analog from my turntables through my emu w/out issue and the sound quality was better than the XFi (less bg noise), but that's not to say my recordings through the XFi was bad. I have yet to record digitally though since most my recordings come from vinyl.

I've played with the 0404 and 1212 and we both know they work and work well. I have about 500 old albums and have done tons of vinyl to HDD as WAV, Ogg and others. My X-Fi got noise on my Asus A8N that wasn't as bad as my Abit IC7-G. No AMD vs Intel vs nVidia. But once I moved to the Gigabyte DS3, bamo, no more background noises. I'm pissed, I'm having to go back and do some again.:mad:

For the record, I got some of the same noises with my TB Santa Cruz and my GT MUSE 5.1.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top