• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help with P5B-VM and SG01e

Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
26
I recently built my first SFF using the setup in the title plus a NT-06 cooler. When I check my cpu temp in the bios is reads 50C. I would appreciate any advice on lowering that to a more acceptable level. I have the case open right now with 3 80mm fans installed. I'm going to try turning Speed-Step on to undervolt the CPU.

Secondly, I was wondering if anyone has experience with the front panel sound connectors. The description for the jumpers do not match the labels headers from the case connectors. For excample: the bios lists (in ac97 mode) certain jumpers are NC. What does NC mean. There are headers that are labeled Line out-R + line out R ret. whats line out-R ret?

Thanks for all your help.
 
I actually updated the bios and magicly the thing is posting 35C idle now so kudos to asus. No complains here except this damn 7900GTO is so loud.
 
Everything seems fine and dandy now (though the system is quite noisy). I played a bit of WoW and it doesn't seem to stress the system at all. One thing I still can't get the front panel audio jacks to play sound. Is there a setting in the controll panel to enable them?
 
You didn't mention what CPU you were running with the NT06? E series I suspect? Also, what PSU are you using to vent the NT06? The 120mm fan on the bottom of the PSU helps with temps.

-E
 
I am using a Seasonic M12-500 PSU with a E6600 at stock. Not really into the overclocking scene. shrug

update: still cant get the front panel audio jacks to work. I've copied the diagram described in the earlier response.
 
I fixed my issue although I'm not really sure which part that fixed it. I reinstalled the drivers for the onboard sound chip using drives provided on asus.com, then I noticed a setting in the drivers that said independent front audio and disabled it.
 
Back
Top