help with overclock

KaCaBUla

n00b
i just purchased an intel i7 2600k and a asus p8z68-delux gen3 board. i currently have it under water cooling and stable at 4.6ghz at 1.265 volts is there anything i can do to get passed this 4.6ghz wall?

4.6ghz at 1.265v??? Daaamn... that's pretty impressive if true... that's .065v over stock voltage...

4.6ghz at 1.265v??? Daaamn... that's pretty impressive if true... that's .065v over stock voltage...

yeah it is, should overclock pretty well then you just need to get the mobo settings right so the higher multi's are stable or start overclocking blck bus speed a little at a time

thanks for the advise. just got home and started to read. hopfully i can get it up to 5.

I just noticed that my CPU doesn't lower the volts when idle. It drops down to 1.6 but the CPU stays at 1.29. What setting do I need to change so it lowers?

I just noticed that my CPU doesn't lower the volts when idle. It drops down to 1.6 but the CPU stays at 1.29. What setting do I need to change so it lowers?

auto voltage i'm pretty sure, i know if i have the asus software do my overclock it will set voltage to auto and it drops the voltage when the clock goes down, i just don't like putting 1.4+ volts to my expensive cpu so i keep it manual clocked to 4.5ghz at 1.33v rather than keeping the asus auto overclock that was stable at 4.6something ghz but had the voltage peaking as high as 1.435v at times. a bit over 100mhz more just isn't worth what 1.43V might do to my CPU in the long term not to mention the extra heat under load from it, my water cooler kept it just under 70C but still.

I believe you are looking for the c-states. They should be under cpu features or something in your bios. You can search up wikipedia or something to see what each state does. Looks like you have the one enabled that downclocks but not the one that lowers the voltage as well.

Back