Help WIth No Video

ItzCooLz

n00b
Hey guys,

A roommate of mine's computer is acting up. When he powers on his computer, there is no video feed. The monitor and cable are working fine (i tested them on another computer). His computer turns on (i.e. the fan and stuff turn on, everything seems to be working), but there is no video feed.

I tried reseating the video card and it didn't help. Then, I assumed his video card was busted, so I bought him a new one. However, there still is no video.

I'm thinking it's the motherboard. I took out the MB battery for about 20 seconds, and plugged it in to reset the BIOS, but still no fix.

Do you think it's the motherboard? Are there any other possibilities? Thanks for your input!

Bump for the work morning crew... Sorry, i hate it when people do this... Just wanted to at least get some opinions!

ItzCooLz said:
Hey guys,

A roommate of mine's computer is acting up. When he powers on his computer, there is no video feed. The monitor and cable are working fine (i tested them on another computer). His computer turns on (i.e. the fan and stuff turn on, everything seems to be working), but there is no video feed.

I tried reseating the video card and it didn't help. Then, I assumed his video card was busted, so I bought him a new one. However, there still is no video.

I'm thinking it's the motherboard. I took out the MB battery for about 20 seconds, and plugged it in to reset the BIOS, but still no fix.

Do you think it's the motherboard? Are there any other possibilities? Thanks for your input!

I have a mate that has the exact same problem, his 6800 works fine on my comp as does his monitor, yet I get no video signal when its on, dunno what it is :confused:

btw your specs would help Coolz.

Back