• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help With New Drive!

Joined
Dec 17, 2000
Messages
3,730
I just installed a 2tb drive in my sons pc, an MSI KN8 Diamond+, it currently has a 500gb drive as a master, and wanted to install an 2nd for music, etc........

System says it installed, and its in the device manager, but when I go into 'Computer', it isnt listed.

What am I doing wrong, how can I get the pc to recognize it?

Thanx for any help!
 
Go to Computer Management, then select Storage, and finally Disk Management. See if the drive is listed there. If it is, right-click and select initialize. Should be recognized by the OS after that.
 
Click the Start circle and type "computer management" and it should be your top result Click it and you should get an Admin pop-up, then the control panel will open. From there you can select Storage, etc.
 
Back
Top