• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help with new build.

Joined
Apr 14, 2006
Messages
579
I just put together my new build with x79 sabertooth an a 3930k. Soon as i plug it the stand by power light, lights up green i go to push the power button an all it does is get a brief second of power an thats it. Any ideas?
 
Last edited:
Only thing that I can think of is a faulty board. Might need to return it.
 
It does sound power related - 8 pin aux power ok? Tried it with just the CPU installed/connected? I remember similar things happening to me and it was usually something minor i had overlooked - the other day I was in a rush and tried putting a PCI-e 8 pin plug into the 8 pin aux power, wouldn't fit but had me fkd for about 10 mins....anyway gl, hope it works out:):)
 
Any other opinions out there? Or any way i can make for certain. Thanks for all the input!

Sure. This is what happened to me. My ASUS P9X79 booted up but it would not post. I posted on the ASUS P9 thread and Raja@ASUS suggested that I remove and reinstall the CPU. Sure enough the board did post, and I'm now using that very system for this H post.

It's worth a try. Otherwise, ASUS RMA is pretty good. At least in my one experience, they turn a board around in less than two weeks.

Good luck.
 
Back
Top