Help with Network Internet Sharing.

Thanatos.

Gawd
Ok so i got up to college and the apartment im in has free Internet (128K DSL) or to $10 a month 1000 but its on an individual basis meaning if my other 3 friends in the apartment wanted the 1M connection they would also have to upgrade for $10 a month. We decided that i would upgrade my package and connect my pc to a wired hub and share my connection and then we would split the cost which worked with no problems except for all the wires but then someone gave us a Dlink Dl-524 802.11g wireless router and i figured we could just set that up to act like a Hub and bypass the wires which its doing but the Internet connection sharing isnt working now. Am i missing an important part? is there a way to disable its Internet function and simply use it as a wireless hub? BTW the net comes into the apartment wirelessly and to access the net i have to log into a webpage that pops up daily so i cant configure the router to just broadcast my Internet it has to be through a shared connection from my pc. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Get into the firmware and disable dhcp in the settings, then you should be able to use the internet connection sharing.

Back