Help with mp3 players

Hikaru IchijoSL

Limp Gawd
my grandfather got the new creative zen 2gb but it does not work with windows 2000(has xp in NY). any way to get the driver for it. I can use a different program to put on music in its place

Help

I have the Creative Zen Stone and it doesn't require any drivers as it is treated just like a USB thumbdrive. You plug it into a USB port and open the device and drag and drop your mp3's to it. That's all that is required. If the PC has proper USB drivers then it should work.

Are they all the same brand/type of computer? If they're running Win2k then they're probably fairly old, they may need a BIOS update to fix USB issues - I've had to do that in the past. The PCs may work fine with printers and such, but USB storage wasn't very common in the V1.1 days so there may be a bug or unimplemented feature in the BIOS. A good way to test for this is put in a USB flash drive and see if Windows works with it.

I just tested my Creative Zen on a computer with WinME and it worked fine and could see all the files etc. If it works on WinME there is no reason it shouldn't work on Win2K.

I have a flash drive it works with the 3 comps. I will see my brother just got a new computer that run xp so once he assembles it I will test it on there maybe it is the mp3 itself.

Back