• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help with Motherboard Standoffs

Nobody has any suggestions? Could I get by with just 4 screws? I'm worried that the bottom of the motherboard will flex too much when pressing down to seat a PCI card.

..where the question marks are is where I need something to take the place of the brass standoffs. Or do I need to change to a different type of standoff altogether?
 
Last edited:
Looking at the photo of the plate it does not appear to me that a standard brass standoff can be used. You may want to use the plastic push pin type standoffs for those spots to give a little needed support to the board.
 
Sound like a plan. I suppose the elevation above the board will be the same for any kind of standoff?
 
Sound like a plan. I suppose the elevation above the board will be the same for any kind of standoff?

There are multiple standoff heights so I'd double check before you grab more. Older cases come with a variety, so just be consistent. I'd also take out that riser on the mid right in your picture (at least I think that's what I'm seeing), whether it's conductive metal or not (I'm paranoid).
 
There are multiple standoff heights so I'd double check before you grab more. Older cases come with a variety, so just be consistent. I'd also take out that riser on the mid right in your picture (at least I think that's what I'm seeing), whether it's conductive metal or not (I'm paranoid).

Thanks a bunch for that info, and that warning! That metal riser is pictured as a standoff on the Wiki page you linked. It seems there are 3 possibilites for standoffs on this plate: metal/brasss screws, plasitc push-throughs, and that metal riser type.

I'll vist a computer shop, ask them which are best to use.
 
Back
Top