• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

help with memory issues

SulSeeker

Gawd
Joined
Dec 16, 2002
Messages
574
Just got a stick of OCZ Memory OCZ2P8001G and got this system put together. WinXP Pro would not install. IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on every install I tried. I had a disk with Fedora Core 4 lying around, popped it in, ran Memtest86 and it gave me 4 errors at 129.3 and 731.4 megs... 1 run, BOOM.

Throughly pissed off at this moment, I jumped into the bios and Gave it a .05 volt nudge from 1.85 (stock) to 1.90. Ran Memtest86 again and it's not giving me any errors after 2 runs. Which leads me to three questions.

A) Did I get bad memory and should I RMA it?

B) How many more passes should I let Memtest86 go before giving WinXP another go?

C) Screw it for tonight and talk to NewEgg technical support tomorrow and go play WoW.

Thanks in Advance
 
A) probably

B) Run memtest over night on the highest test mode

C) definately, and treat yourself to a cold drink. (Read as: "beer" if you over 21 and drink beer, "kool-aid" if you're not or don't)
 
What were the operating conditions when you ran the original test? Default BIOS settings? If so, you DEFINITELY want to return them...bit errors on two separate chips is a very bad thing at default settings.
 
Yeah everything was default when I built it, and I loaded default settings in bios also. I got an RMA number from Newegg, going back today.
 
Back
Top