Help with Logo design (100$)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oiiks

n00b
I need help designing our company logo.
If anyone comes up with a design that we like, we are willing to pay atleast 100$ for it.

The company name is "Mekvik Maskin A/S".. The company focuses on producing sand and gravel from large quarry sites, therefore using a large wheel loader, front shovel, truck or excavator in the logo would be a good idea..

The logo must be in both b/w and color . We would like it to be simple , as its going to be printed on workwear and company vehicles, but still goodlooking..

Thank you

for the black and white one do you want grayscale or 1-bit color ( only color is black and white )

100 Bones! :D
Thats gotta be some sort of [H] record ;)

I'll try to enter somthing. :)

mmas.jpg

this is only a consept to see if I'm going in the direction you want
these are vector so on the black and white one the white outline are more visible

C&C welcome

[email protected]

Both are good, but I need more post!!! Remember, 100$ are the starting bid, good logos are worth alot more :) Keep´em comming!

What is the timeframe for submissions? Do you have a company web-site up yet, or company info we can view, location etc?

THC

is Mekvik Maskin norwegian (sp?) for something or the name(s) of the owner(s)

Oiiks, just a few questions:

1. Are you serious about the one month ... that's an awful long time to wait for a logo. ;)
2. Paypal do not cater for countries like South Africa ... are such contestants still eligible?
3. MUST the A/S be part of the logo, and MUST it be A/S or can it simply be AS like the domain?

Thank you! ;)

I'll be entering somthing dont worry, it's just with a company name like that, ideas are hard to come by and I want to take my time on this one ;)

Gee, if I had illustrator I'd do it.

I could hand code something in postscript for ya. lol

Ezteh, "Mekvik" is the name of the companyowner, "Maskin" is norwegian for "Machine" or "Heavy duty vehicle"..

Hyperion
1. When we find a logo that we like/want, the competition is over. Not longer than one month.
2. We will find a way to get the winner his money. Other options than paypal do exist, dont they ?
3. The A/S is not part of the company name. It states that the company is registered as a stock company with norwegian authoroties. The A/S must be in the logo, the way cuemasterfl have done it, using smaller fonts is righ on what we want :)

Eztehs first attempt is still our favourite, as we wish the logo to contain some kind of heavy duty vehicle.

Excuse my English :)

Thank you

Here is my first logo (in different styles and colors), I will probally make more later. I cant draw vehicles to save my life lol, but because the company focuses on producing sand and gravel I decided on a "rock theme."

my host is having some problems so if the images dont show you might have to refresh or wait a bit.

Hope you like :)

Large:
MM.jpg

MM2.jpg

MM3.jpg

Small:
m-m.jpg

m-m2.jpg

m-m3.jpg

m-m4.jpg

m-m5.jpg

edit:
few more
MM4.jpg

MM6.jpg

MM7.jpg

MM8.jpg

the new ones are vector so they can stretch to any size, i can do the same for the orginals if needed, no problem.

option141 said:
no go =/

i'll try my gaming PC.
working for me :D nice entries .... very unique idea ... i dont see how its too complex?!?!? i think its simple and elegant

Oops, I got badboys mixed up with options. Badboy's don't work for me, lotsa red xs.

Bad_Boys entries are really good, simple and no problem to print..
But I still like the fonts Ezteh uses in his logo.

If only cuemasterfl could have found a way to "integrate" the wheel loader with the logo text, that have been really good...

Keep the up the good work, guys :)

$100 is a good payout for making a logo, i wish i had some skillz :)

by the way, your english is good, better than most people over here in america write ;)

Oiiks said:
Thanks for the comment :D
Not much i can do about the font though, as it's kinda of a modified/custom windows "Impact" font, but..
I'll try my best to pump out another design before I leave friday :)

Oiiks said:

If only cuemasterfl could have found a way to "integrate" the wheel loader with the logo text, that have been really good...

Keep the up the good work, guys :)

thanks I'll make the a/s a bit smailler tonight and clean up some or the corners on the black and white one.

I have not used a heavy earthmoving vehicle for the following reasons:
1. In colour it would be impractical on embroidered golf shirts or faxes.
2. As a line drawing it would be moving dangerously close to many existing trademarks.

The registration as a stock exchange listed company is typically only required by law to
appear on the letterheads, business cards and legal documents of the company not in the
actual logo. You would find that all the big brands do not include their exchange registration
in the logo, but rather on their corporate stationary. ;)

Line image (vectors available on request)
mmWireFrame.jpg

Rendered image (vectors available on request)
mmRendered.jpg

Hyperion and Bad_Boy are favorites!

The use of yellow/black are a very good idea, as it will match the colors both on workwear and our machines very well!

Hyperion, you are prob. right about the registration as a stock exchange listed company not being required to appear on logos.
Also to Hyperion : If you could make a pic without "Mekvik Maskin" in it, only the two large M's you use in the background, that would have been nice.

Thank you all this far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back