• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

help with lens and d50

strikeout

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Messages
1,360
ok so i wanna get a d50 body as its what i want to spend vs the rebel. Im looking to get 2 lenses. I love taking gear shots close up, the more clear/detailed the better. I hate my digicam just sucks indoors with my cheap floresent lamp in my room as my only light source. It does ok with natural light. here are some samples with my fuji 6.mp cam. Im a noob here.

2006_0225test0001.jpg

2006_0225test0012.jpg


now look what happens when i try to take indoor shots, regardless of iso,macro on/off,flash no flash. Very frustrating
2006_0319test0068.jpg


here is what id like to achieve with similar results with a d50
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=170801
i asked him what he was using and he said a d70 with the kit lens, dunno if he used PS to enhance the photo.

so what lenses should i get? i take mainly those kinda of pics as well the traditional family in front of the christmas tree/disneyland pics. would a d70 kit lens and a 50 prime lens (whatever that means) work out?
 
What he means by a prime lense is that it is strictly a 50mm or a fixed lense, I have heard they can be bought for around $150 . I have the D50 with the 18-55mm f/3.5 kit lense or, a zoom lense. If you are getting a D50, get it with the standard kit lense first and, see if it will suit your needs. Then get another lense if you feel the need for it. BTW prime leses are cleaner image wise. Also read the hell out of the manual when you get it. Most people dont and, dont know what the camera can do. For example in the manual setting you can adjust your ISO, f/ ratio and, shutter speeds as, well as the flashes power out put. By tweaking these you can get some nice clean indoor pics of objects. Also Nikon has dropped the price more on the D50. Go to www.nikonusa.com for more details.
 
ouch 799 for a d50. Yeah geniouscamera place was clearly a rip off didnt even need ratings. When they sell a 650ish camera for 475 with two lenses somethings gotta be up. I think ill wait for a coupon from dell so i can get it around 550 or so.
 
anyone have any thoughts on a refurb straight from amazon(not an affiliate) for 519? its with the body and the kit lens. I forgot if i get charged tax too.
 
I can't say anything for or against Amazon's refurbished stuff, but I almost did something awful to my undergarments t'other day when -- what to my sleeplessness-ringed eyes should appear, but Nikon DSLRs...

On Newegg!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16830113131

I know it's not just the body, but that looks like a doublehell of a deal to my photogratarded eyes.

~GnSx
Newegg has the D70s, too!
 
BTW: the Nikon D50 is a great DSLR...

For your type of photos, a absolute perfect match up lens would be the 50mm prime f1.8,

The low light capabilities of this 100$ lens is unbelievable, and the depth of field control is great.. it’s a lens that should be in every Nikon owners bag… either that or its much more expensive 50mm f1.4 brother.
 
If 50mm prime is too much focal lenth for you another nice lens would be a nikkor 28mm f2.8

It dosnt stop down as much, but its still a great lens for no flash use... I have been grownign to use it more than my 50mm 1.8


down side is its priced at around $200-230
 
strikeout said:
ouch 799 for a d50. Yeah geniouscamera place was clearly a rip off didnt even need ratings. When they sell a 650ish camera for 475 with two lenses somethings gotta be up. I think ill wait for a coupon from dell so i can get it around 550 or so.

too bad it seem dell stoped selling Nikon gear.. all I see on there now is Cannon..
 
Back
Top