Hikaru IchijoSL

Limp Gawd
He wants a

17" 1080p
i7-6700hq
8gb ddr4 ram
he wants a 500gb+ m2 ssd nvme
1tb hard drive

he would settle for no ssd if he can find a laptop that it is easy to add an ssd into.

his budget is $1000 with ssd
$850 without

Good warranty and easy returns with no restocking fee.

Don't know if this helps, but I'm road testing an Asus ML702VM right now, it's almost perfect. My only complaint really is the fans are kind of loud, but if you have headphones on you can't hear them. It's seriously an awesome laptop! 75hz Gsync, you can't tell it's TN at all, 1060 which I really can't get to throttle, maybe a little bit on certain games but by throttle I mean not at 1900+ boost clocks LOL. It sits around 1650 most of the time, for long periods of gaming. I did notice some hitching that I had not noticed with my 970m, thinking it's drivers maybe. But it's very rare. This thing is half the weight and half the thickness while being faster and better battery life, for me it's AMAZING. I use my laptop all the time, work and gaming, so this was a godsend. I think they are 1299$, so if you can wait until Black Friday you might get it really close to that 1000$ mark.

You can sometimes pick up the 1080 model of the Thinkpad P50 for around $850 on the Lenovo outlet. Plenty of room to grow with it, up to 64GB RAM, a 2.5 + 2x M.2. Thunderbolt port as well.

Back