help with keepass (types very slowly)

Citizen Snips

Limp Gawd
I recently started using keepass v2.13 and for some reason the autotype types very slowly. It wasn't like that when I first installed keepass. It suddenly started happening about 2 weeks or so after I installed it, and I have no idea what I might have done to cause this.

As a test, I created a dummy entry in keepass for notepad. It autotypes {USERNAME}{ENTER}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}, where {PASSWORD} is a randomly generated sequence of 100 characters using the keepass password generator and any characters except spaces.

On my PC running Vista Business x64, it takes a little over 5 seconds to type my testcase. By comparison, I tried the same test on a different PC running XP Pro 32-bit and it only took 1.5-1.6s for the same testcase.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why keepass autotype is running so slow on my main PC. Could this be a hardware issue? I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling keepass on the PC running Vista and creating a new database. Nothing I've tried so far has made any difference - autotype still goes much slower on the PC running Vista.

I'm aware that there is a keepass forum on Sourceforge, but I've already posted my question there and none of the replies have solved my issue. I know a lot of people here use keepass, so I was hoping someone might have an idea.

Back