Help with ISDN

musicman

Limp Gawd
I will be going to Germany in November to do the IT side of a Christian leadership convention. I've been told I will have 3 ISDN lines (1 for video/audio streaming, 1 for to monitor webcams at other sites, and 1 for some other purpose that escapes me atm). I've never worked with ISDN lines and was hoping someone could give me an idea of what equipment I need in order to make them work.

A Cisco 2600 router w/ a 4-port ISDN BRI network module (NM). Plug the 3 lines in, configure (use policy-based routing to send traffic over their respective ISDN lines, viola - you're done. ISDN is a circuit-switching technology so these lines won't be connected to the internet 24/7 - although, they could be, but some ISPs charge by the minute for connectivity, some charge a flat rate. That could prove to be expensive. This may not be much of a help. You're not being to specific of your needs though.

Thanks, that helps alot. Like I said, I've never messed with ISDN so I didn't even know where to start. As for cost, been told that it isn't an issue, I just have to submit an equipment list and I get it.

Back