• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help With Idea for new watercooled PC

Taradino

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
147
I'm looking at a new computer, but I'd like to know if there are any issues with the watercooling hardware to the computer hardware I'm getting.

Koolance PC3-736BK Watercooling Case
http://www.koolance.com/shop/product_info.php?cPatch=28_43&products_id=198

Tyan Thunder K8WE ( S2895A2NRF) SK-940 Dual Opteron Server Main Board
http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderk8we.html

Kingston ValueRam 2GB 400 MHZ, DDR ECC/Reg, CL3 DIMM
http://www.valueram.com/config/partsinfoTest2.asp?ktcparno=KVR400D4R3A/2G

Western Digital WD2500KS 250GB Sata-2 16mb cache

Seasonic S12 600 Watt Powersupply
http://www.seasonicusa.com/s12.htm

Amd Opteron Dual Core 285 SK-940

Asus EN7900 GTX 512MB PCI-E

LiteOn 16X DVD+-RW
Sony 3.5' 1.44 Floppy

Koolance CPU-305 V10 CPU Waterblock Gold
http://www.koolance.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath-29_44&products_id=210

Koolance CHC-A05 Chipset Cooler
http://www.koolance.com/shop/product_info.php?cPatch=29_46&products_id=86

Koolance RAM-30-V06 liquid Memory cooler
http://www.koolance.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=29_56&products_id=251

Microsoft Win XP Pro x64bit OEM

What are your opinions???

I think there is an issue with the ram cooler in that I will only beable to put 2 sticks of ram in each bank (motherboard has 4 banks).
 
I wouldn't get a koolance pre-built case. Its WAY cheaper to buy it all and put it all together yourself. Try this and a case of your choice.

Don't bother with ram cooling, it's really not needed. Also, kooooooolance blocks are quite expensive and underwhelming compared to other blocks.
 
I'd just go for 2 TDX or Apogee blocks, and a Maze4 CPU block. Couple that with any combination of 360mm radiators (1 360, 1 240 + 1 120 etc.) and a D5 pump.

Ram cooling is not only useless (A fan will suffice) but expensive, restrictive and those blocks are REALLY prone to leaking!

The 4$ yate loons are a great deal from Jab-Tech.

Koolance just DOESNT cut it in the $/performance area.
 
this would be a fun system to run my media server off... i stream live tv and movies to my gf in los angeles... via orb and it is a resource hog.. but with my x2 and 2 gb of ram and my HDD separate i can play BF2 at the same time no problem... but multiple streams renders my computer useless to me pegged 100% usage all the time...


really a dual dual opteron setup, quad core would be alot of fun
 
Back
Top