Help with Headphone setup to PC

rykon9

n00b
I am new to this forum site, so I thought I would try to get some help in building a headphone set for my PC. My sound card is a X-FI platinum setup with remote and front-panel setup. I am looking for a gaming and a nice sound from them. I have about $300 to spend on them. I was also wondering do I need a amp for them, I saw that some headphones do and some do not. Please help a audiophile noob out. My main set of speakers are the Klipsch 4.1s. I am getting ready for a little Unreal Tournament III soon.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks for reading and any help if you can give it.

With your budget, I'd go for a pair of headphones which don't require an amplifier. For gaming, look into Audio Technica's Art range, mainly the A900s since you have a nice budget. Personally, I use a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros, which you also might want to consider. I have the 80 ohm version, which I think doesn't require an amplifier. I mean, I've tried it with and without my Corda Move amplifier and I notice no difference when gaming, so if you're a bass-head you should probably consider these 'phones, too.

Back