Help with HDMI out and Graphics

SBMongoos

[H]ard|Gawd
Considering the HP DM4-1165DX as BB has a great price on it and especially with my trade. I have two questions:

1. What is the quality of the picture that comes out of HDMI the port? The laptop screen is 720P and it's shared Intel HD Graphics (not sure that indicates anything about HDMI port).
  2. Since this model has onboard graphics is it possible for me to install a graphics card? I know some laptops have the ability to change out graphics cards but not sure if I can go from onboard to card.

Considering the HP DM4-1165DX as BB has a great price on it and especially with my trade. I have two questions:

1. What is the quality of the picture that comes out of HDMI the port? The laptop screen is 720P and it's shared Intel HD Graphics (not sure that indicates anything about HDMI port).
  2. Since this model has onboard graphics is it possible for me to install a graphics card? I know some laptops have the ability to change out graphics cards but not sure if I can go from onboard to card.
1) Depends on other factors, such as quality of the TV/monitor that you're connecting to. In general, I think this is a non-issue given what has been shared.
2) Reading through the documentation on HP's site would provide a definitive answer, but upgrading video cards in off-the-shelf laptops is unlikely due to additional factors such as: cooling considerations, increased power needs beyond spec of power supply, etc.

1) Depends on other factors, such as quality of the TV/monitor that you're connecting to. In general, I think this is a non-issue given what has been shared.
2) Reading through the documentation on HP's site would provide a definitive answer, but upgrading video cards in off-the-shelf laptops is unlikely due to additional factors such as: cooling considerations, increased power needs beyond spec of power supply, etc.

Thanks good point on #2. Didn't think of that. As for #1 typically I will be running and HDMI cable to my Panasonic Plasma (1080P). I haven't been able to find clear information as to what signal comes out of the HDMI. Any other info I can provide?

As for #1 typically I will be running and HDMI cable to my Panasonic Plasma (1080P). I haven't been able to find clear information as to what signal comes out of the HDMI. Any other info I can provide?
The HDMI signal is standard, and should give no issue when connecting to a television. You'll be fine.

And if you're picking it up from a BB, then talk with the sales person and ask them to plug your laptop into another TV via the HDMI connection to see what steps you'll do when you get home.

Have had it at home. Didn't use my head on that. Plugged HDMI between the HP laptop and the Panny Plasma and hit "info" on the remote while playing HD video off the web. Said 1080p.

Back