Help with Guild Wars and 7800GT plz !

shaggymcp

Gawd
Well ok so I just recently got a EVGA 7800 GT CO edition, and I am having issues with Guild Wars. I just installed guild wars, and I am getting messed up textures. Here is a link of what I am talking about :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/shaggymcp/gw001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/shaggymcp/gw002.jpg

Notice the textures on the ground how they are all blocky ? I have not had any issues with other games that I can remember, but this one is kinda wierd, could it be a driver issue ? anyone else have this problem ?

Thx for any help.
Shaggymcp

Thats really strange...

I hate to ask the question... but I guess I have to in order to be thorough...

Do you have all of the ingame settings turned up? :/

I just had this problem tonight. Check to see what your in-game AA setting is at. I noticed that when the textures were all blocky the setting was at none. When I set it back to 4x the textures went back to normal. I also have SSAA set to on, but I don't know if that is part of the issue.

In your NVidia control settings, try putting the High Quality/High Performance slider to the other direction, no matter where it is now.

In neverwinter nights, I would get blue/green/orange shadows, and when I checked the NWN troubleshooting stuff, it recommended pushing the slider from Performance to Quality.

FPS didn't really change much, so I was happy to solve the problem. Try it in GW, easy test at least.

Oh, and try the newer drivers if you don't already have an 80.xx series installed yet.

Yea I have all settings to max with the 4x AA. The weird thing is if I just keep playing with in like 30 seconds the textures will correct themselves, and look normal again. Its just really weird that it happens, and it did not ever happen on my EVGA 6800 128 mb version.

I'm fairly certain that this is a driver issue. I had a 7800gt with 78.71 (I think that was the previous version... whatever the last WHQL drivers were) with no problems in GW, but when I installed the 81.85s, I got this problem. Nvidia lists it as a known bug for the 6-series that hasn't been fixed with the beta 81.87 drivers... but they didn't say anything about the 7800gt/x. You may want to try the 81.87s on nzone and see if they do anything for you.

SolitaryTurnip said:
I'm fairly certain that this is a driver issue. I had a 7800gt with 78.71 (I think that was the previous version... whatever the last WHQL drivers were) with no problems in GW, but when I installed the 81.85s, I got this problem. Nvidia lists it as a known bug for the 6-series that hasn't been fixed with the beta 81.87 drivers... but they didn't say anything about the 7800gt/x. You may want to try the 81.87s on nzone and see if they do anything for you.
Yeah it is a known issue with the 81 series drivers.

SolitaryTurnip said:

Yea I just tried updating to the 81.87's and the textures fix themselves quicker but the issue is still there. mmmmmm O yea and That does work by the way, if you slide the AA down to 3X it will fix it all, and the slide it back to 4X everything is fine again, but who wants to do that every time you zone :(

I had the same issue with the Beta Nvidia drivers on my 6800GT. Definitely the video driver. Reverting will fix it.

Back